A few weeks ago I did a small experiment with summed matrix mixing:
sounds great, crazy, untamed etc. I decided to explore summed matrix mixing a little bit further and today I started building a new prototype, that got out of hand quickly!
A single attenuverting channel (a 1 to 1 matrix) looks like this:
Although interesting, a more advanced matrix would offer a lot more possibilities. I decided to go for a 4 x 3 matrix, since I had those parts available. A 4 x 3 matrix offers 4 input channels that can be annenuverted and routed to 3 output channels, in any configuration. The test configuration will be configured like this:
this, and to have 3 channels “out” — multiple this by three! Which leads to a breadboard like:
;) Time for extensive testing!